Legionella Awareness Training
MMK Water Solutions offer a half day Legionella Awareness Course designed for those responsible for legionella control in their building and property they have control of so they are fully aware of how to ensure that the risk of Legionnaires’ Disease is fully assessed, controlled and managed in compliance with the law as embodied in the Approved Code of Practice.
Who is this training for?
This training is aimed at anyone who is responsible for legionella control. This includes landlords and letting agents.
At the end of this training you will know:
What Legionella and Legionnaires’ Disease are.
How they spread.
An outline history of Legionella outbreaks and what can be learned from them.
How to Control Legionnaires’ Disease.
The risks associated with ignoring your responsibilities.
How to assess the risk of legionella.
How to maintain compliant legionella records.
How to prevent legionella without breaking the budget.
Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate to show that your training was conducted in line with, HSE Legionnaires Disease " The Control of Legionella Bacteria in water Systems " ACoP L8 (2013) and HSG 274 Part 2 (2014).
Why take the training?
As a landlord or letting agent, you are legally required to comply with legionella legislation.
This training is structured specifically to the compliance needs of landlords and letting agents. It provides everything that is required to develop a comprehensive and compliant approach to controlling the risk of legionella in your properties or letting agency.
When and where do the courses take place?
Course dates are every Friday 9-1pm. Standard courses take place at our premises. If you have a team that you would like trained on your own premises, get in touch to find out more about prices and arrangements for on-site training. Phone 0141 883 1269 to book.
This training takes half a day.
£99 + VAT
Topics Covered in Our Half Day Course
- 1. Basic Microbiology - A matter of simple multiplication.
- 2. What is Legionella and what is Legionnaires’ Disease.
- 3. When Tragedy strikes – A History of Legionella outbreaks and what we have learned from them.
- 4. The Control of Legionnaires’ Disease in a building water system.
- 5. Other risk systems.
- 6. Who gets prosecuted? – The Law and Legionnaires Disease.
- 7. HSG 274 Part 2 and tenanted properties.
- 8. The Assessment of Risk – What you need and what you need to know.
- 9. Some Practical Risk Assessment.
- 10. Log Book Maintenance – Practical how to test and how to record the results.
- 11. Chemical disinfection.
- 12. How to disinfect a water system.
- 13. Questions and Answers